If you’re SELLING your home:
- Find the best listing agent possible.
- Make your home look like a builder’s model. Remember the buyers need to visualize how their furnishings will look in the new house.
- Get staging advice. Take down every picture, painting, and knick knack in the house. Get rid of or store furniture and everything you plan to take with you. Try giving things away to the kids. Don’t be surprised when they don’t want it.
- Sell, donate, or resale shop everything you don’t want to keep in the new place.
- Price the home for a quick sale. Remember the longer on the market the lower the price goes and your holding costs continue.
- Don’t stick around when the Realtors show the house. They want to see the house, not hear about how wonderful it has been to live in it, etc.